St. Theresa of the Child Jesus is located on Anderson Road, in Victoria County New Brunswick.
Covid-19: Measures to be taken at Mass
We hold our Sunday Eucharistic Celebration service at 9 am each Sunday.
Donate online through Canada Helps website.
On June 24th 1934, a Franciscan priest, Fr. Father Hubert Perron, dedicated the little church of Anderson Road, with 18 families, to St. Theresa of the Child Jesus.
The land was donated by a parishioner, Mr. Joe Lanto who is now buried in the adjoining cemetery.
At that period the Franciscans who served the surrounding parishes lived in the monastery at Aroostook, NB and would come to their respective parishes every weekend.
In 1937, Father Firmin Lachapelle replaced our founding Father and changed the manner of serving the parishes as well. He is credited with initiating the idea of priests residing in their designated parishes seven days a week. He was pastor of Blue Bell and Anderson Road for 20 years and was the last Franciscan here.
O wondrous Saint Theresa of the Child Jesus, who, in thy brief earthly life, didst become a mirror of angelic purity, of courageous love and of whole-hearted surrender to Almighty God, now that thou art enjoying the reward of thy virtues, turn thine eyes of mercy upon us who trust in thee.
Obtain for us the grace to keep our hearts and minds pure and clean like unto thine, and to detest in all sincerity whatever might tarnish ever so slightly the luster of a virtue so sublime, a virtue that endears us to they heavenly Bridegroom.
Ah, dear Saint, grant us to feel in every need the power of thy intercession; give us comfort in all the bitterness of this life and especially at its latter end, that we may be worthy to share eternal happiness with thee in paradise.